Most of us welcome hot weather, but when it's too hot for too long, there are health risks. In England, there are on average 2000 heat related deaths every year. If hot weather hits this summer, make sure it does not harm you or anyone you know.
For information on how to cope in hot weather please click here.
Self-care management programme
What does the Self-Management Service offer you?
- Self Care Management Programme for people living with long term health conditions
- Looking After Me course for carers
Please visit https://walsallccg.nhs.uk/stay-well-walsall/self-care/ for details.
Self Care Button Board
A number of minor illnesses can be treatable through Self Care within the comfort of your own home. Find the issue that you feel you are experiencing and press the button. This will take you onto a Condition Specific page informing you on the dos and don’ts of your problem, and how to manage it effectively.
Click here to view the Self Care Button Board.
3 ways to get moving when you have diabetes
If you’re living with diabetes and looking for new ways to move more in your day-to-day life, you can:
- Call Diabetes UK’s Physical Activity Helpline for practical and supportive advice that’s specific to you.
- Join 10 weeks of free online physical activity classes Our Get Moving courses, run by Diabetes UK’s Coordinators, are for people doing less than 30 minutes of exercise a week.
- Visit diabetes.org.uk/get-moving to get inspired and download your free guide to help you plan your physical activity.
Every movement matters and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
To get in touch with the Physical Activity Helpline Advisor or to book onto an online Get Moving course:
Call: 0345 123 2399
Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm