Back to News
Get moving for free
Posted on 3 May 2022
Free classes near you for people living with diabetes, to help you get more active
- Try a different gentle activity each week, for example, Boxercise and Yoga
- Online sessions if needed
- Tailored sessions to help you get more active
- Diabetes information and support
- A chance to meet other people
If you are:
- Over 18
- Living with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Able to take part in gentle physical activity
- Committed to moving more
- Doing less than 30 minutes of physical activity a week, including walking
Every movement matters and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Please get in touch to register your interest and the group co-ordinator, will give you a call.
To find out more:
Call: Diabetes UK Helpline on 0345 123 2399
Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm
Or contact Sijaad Hussain 07973 345 493 from the centre.
10 Get Moving sessions for Men
Start date: Tuesday 10th May 2022
Classes at: 12.30pm - 1.30pm Mens
Location: Pakistan Muslim Welfare Association, Walsall Jamia Masjid Ghausia and Community Centre. Birchills Street, Birchills, Walsall, WS2 8NF.
Places are limited.
Sign up now so you don’t miss out.
We’re on the phone and online
If you can’t make our Get Moving classes we are here to support you on the phone and online:
Talk to us. Get personalised advice to help you get moving by speaking to our trained advisors.
Call 0345 123 2399.
Interpreters are available.
Join our Get Moving classes on Zoom.
Call 0345 123 2399 for course dates and times.